"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14 NKJV

Sunday

World Vision

As I clicked through the photos online, I felt a twinge of guilt. I was "shopping" for a child. Each of the pictures tugged at my heart. All of these children needed help--how could I choose just one? I prayed that I would choose the one who needed me, and finally settled on a beautiful little girl in Costa Rica.

Four years later, and I fall more in love with this precious child with every letter she sends me.  I write to her often and always include a gift. I've been able to squeeze all kinds of unexpected presents into those 6"x 9" envelopes. For her birthday this year, I sent her a full size soccer ball. I always wonder what the World Vision workers think when they open my oddly misshapen packages!

Sponsoring a child has been one of the greatest experiences in my life. I did it to bless her, but she has blessed me.

Please consider sponsoring a child who needs your support. Visit http://worldvision.org for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment